BEAR-AvHistory
2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convrt

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
Adding KW Street Comfort coilovers will transform the suspension behavior. You will not miss adaptive suspension.
Not the same thing. They have fixed setting choices for rebound you manually configure & are not continuously adjustable. Once set you are locked into that setting till you reset them to a different choice.

You can play around with the adjustment and maybe do a better job then the BMW engineers did or maybe not.

Might be a good choice to go from a base suspension to a sport, there are a lot of products available, but I don't believe for a street driven car you can do better then the adaptive package.

Adaptive has a number of program choice available on the fly & constantly adjust to changing road & driving conditions under computer control. Drive my wife someplace in comfort. Drop her off, push a button & go to sport & tighten the suspension. Pick her up hit comfort & loosen the suspension.

Had it on my last two coupes. 135is has the fixed performance package & its a rougher ride then adaptive in Comfort mode & not a flexible as adaptive in Sport.

Have double adjustable (rebound/compression) coilovers on my COBRA & they can't do what the BMW package does. Only thing better is the GM magnetorheological system

2022 M4C - 2020 Z4 M40i - 2023 FORD Expedition XLT Max 4X4 400BHP - 2009 V-Star - 1998 Ranger 4X4 5MT - 1965 Cobra (R) 5MT - 2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 6MT

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 08-19-2018 at 09:48 PM..
Appreciate 0