View Single Post
      04-29-2022, 06:46 AM   #1
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435i MS

Bilstein's customer service is shocking

4 weeks ago I stripped the B16 kit off my car as I had found the rear shock adjusters had seized, one spring had snapped and the other was pure rust on the contact points.

The vendor came straight out next day to collect them but then I heard nothing for around 2 weeks, I began calling asking for an update and was told to wait a week. 1 week goes by I hear nothing so I ring again and I'm told there's been some complications on Bilsteins behalf, however the returned parts had now left their warehouse to Bilstein, I am also advised that they are typically pretty quick and I should hear about a return later in the following week.

A week goes by and nothing, so I chase again, I'm told the system notes have gotten very confusing and that their rep will need to chase Bilstein for an update. That leads me to today, they call me.. "the returned parts have left our warehouse for definite" but I'll need to wait until the second week of May now before I can chase for any further updates.

I dropped over £1600 on this kit as I was sold great reviews of build quality and customer care, however they're everything but that on both points. I managed to find the UK phone number for Bilstein and was rudely hung up on when I mentioned my case number, so they clearly have an ongoing issue.

How 6 weeks can be seen as acceptable just to authorise replacement parts (never mind the shipping part) is beyond me. I'm £280 into taxi fee's and now having to arrange a hire car for my grandma's funeral so that I can get myself and others there.

Whilst I don't expect them to cover those costs their response when I made them aware was "how unfortunate, you made the decision to spend on travel though so we won't be covering any costs if that's what you're thinking of".. just the general language from Bilstein has been utterly poor.

So there's my experience, personally I'd avoid Bilstein going forward.. next time I'm in the market for coilovers I'll probably look at KW.