View Single Post
      07-07-2019, 10:20 AM   #29
innovaciones
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 428i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by innovaciones View Post
Hello, I'm looking to retrofit CarPlay on a F32 with the NBT version of your install, I have a few questions if you don't mind:

Do you need to hold the menu button on iDrive everytime you enter your car to connect to CarPlay? or it works automatically just activating CarPlay on your iPhone?

How good works the external mic? if you make a call from iDrive do you use the new external mic or the original mic?

Can you use AirPlay Mirror?

Do you need to use the AUX source for the sound? how good is the sound quality?

And finally how hard was the install?

Thank you very much!!

Cheers!!
I pulled the trigger and bought it, everything is working great, the install was not that hard and CarPlay is a pretty amazing upgrade on my car, to use Waze in your BMW fullscreen is like a dream.

So I'm going to answer my own questions to help others.

Quote:
Do you need to hold the menu button on iDrive everytime you enter your car to connect to CarPlay? or it works automatically just activating CarPlay on your iPhone?
No you don't need to press anything, it connects automatically everytime you get in your car, it just works.

Quote:
How good works the external mic? if you make a call from iDrive do you use the new external mic or the original mic?
The external mic have pretty bad quality, fortunately you can still use the BMW built in mic for calls.

Quote:
Can you use AirPlay Mirror?
No that I'm aware, but maybe this could be enable in the future with a firmware update.

Quote:
Do you need to use the AUX source for the sound? how good is the sound quality?
You can use both Bluetooth and AUX source for music, the AUX sounds good in my opinion.

Quote:
And finally how hard was the install?
Everything was pretty straightforward, the hard part was disconnecting some cables that don't go out that easily, you really need to be careful not using to much force so you don't break anything.
Appreciate 1
bcoz80.50