View Single Post
      10-26-2019, 10:06 AM   #2809
Mootu
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 (2013)

Hi dear F30 community,

I've registered here because I'm a little desperate right now.

I bought a replacement head unit (display). It runs on Android and loops the signal of the normal radio. Therefore you can use Android and BMW NBT at the same time. I bought the device mainly for retrofitting Apple Car Play.

The radio is a harman hb b069.

I wanted to have the device installed in a garage first, but then I decided to install the device myself. I used this installation video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?spm=a2...&v=p6qCfTQaKN4

Well, I got down to work. Step by step everything was fine. I then finally connected everything and checked the functionality before finally reinstalling everything. It all worked. Greats

But then there were problems with the space behind the radio unit. Everything just didn't fit from the place anymore. Then I tried to move everything a bit and press it to make it fit. You could still hear the radio unit humming a bit. So there was electricity on it.

Then it suddenly stopped and everything was dead. Means the radio unit and the display simply remained silent. Nothing works anymore. So suddenly there seems to be no more electricity on it.

Now I was fast at a garage and had the fuses checked quickly. They say that everything looks fine.

Now I stand here and nothing works anymore. The air conditioner display, the cigarette lighter etc. has electricity. Just the radio unit no longer.

I also rebuilt everything and connected the original screen. That didn't help either.

Now I wanted to test whether electricity comes at all over this thick black plug or whether I broke my radio unit. Probably I have been stupid not taken the whole thing from the battery.

But I also wonder if such a radio can break so fast.

I still have the hope that it is only a plug that has come loose.

But since I'm not a garage guy nor an electronics technician, I don't know what to do and hope that you can tell me what it is or who I can turn to.

I am really desperate.

Thank you!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
Appreciate 0