04-06-2015, 11:06 PM   #106
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
- Place 1 Decoupling Ring around the top of the sensor, and place the sensor inside the mount. Once you have done this with all 4 sensors, test fit them to the holes with the backing still on the adhesive to make sure that they fit properly into the holes you drilled.
Note: When installing the sensors, the end with the connector socket should be facing away from the center of the bumper.
- Once you have done a test fit to ensure the sensors fit properly in the holes, remove the adhesive from the mount and place the sensor in the hole, pressing firmly on the back of the mount for about 10-15 seconds. Make sure you press down on all areas of the mount to make sure you get good adhesion to the bumper. Repeat for the other 3 sensors, and you are done with installing the sensors!
Just received my four sensor mounts for the rear bumper today, but still waiting for the retrofit cables (taking forever!). I was fiddling with the sensors and putting them into the mounts and i can see why you guys were saying you really only have one shot at placing/locating it. Once you remove the adhesive backing, you're committed

Anyways, while i'm waiting, I just wanted to inquire about the above statement you made in your DIY procedure about pointing the connector sockets away from center of the bumper. Just curious why this is needed / why it matters? Thanks!
Appreciate 0