Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 328i

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim07e90 View Post
Just bought this car in Oct 2018 at 50k mi and now has 66k mi. I haven't had any oil changes just recall issues
You should be getting on those oil changes. Lots of people here are in the 8k miles interval camp.

Possible that your codes are all related to the intake manifold (except SCR pump), definitely do not drive it like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enabled View Post
Quote:
Dammit, I'm gonna call my SA tomorrow but I have a feeling I'm going to be denied a tow for 70-80 mi. So that's a big possibility for low boost issues right?
Yes, that is 100% why. It all derives from EGR cooler not cooling the exhaust, due to faulty cooling fins inside leaking coolant.

You should not drive it, because your engine is still safe here and will be reliable once the fix has been applied.
These cars aren't bad, although you've been through a bit more than others.

They can probably be convinced to pay for tow. The risk of fire goes way up once manifolds start melting. I would send them pictures if they need convincing.

You are 75% of the way to worst case scenario from the egr cooler failure. Don't let it get to 100%. The fix is free, so enjoy a good car after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328dX View Post
Quote:
Hole
Holy shit. Def looks related to the egr. No way someone can puncture a hole like that
Thanks all you N47 gurus. I appreciate the help! I'll keep you guys posted.
Performance Mods: ST Coilovers | R1 Concepts Premier Rotors w/Hawk HPS Pads | ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines | OEM 219M Wheels | Bridgestone Potenza RE760 | Precision Euro Spacers | AA Race Headers | AFE Race Midpipes | Remus Powersound Quad Exhaust | AA Offroad Tune | RevMotoring Intake Pipe | Cyba Scoops
Appreciate 0