View Single Post
      01-18-2022, 04:08 PM   #8
sportsnut235
Rep
Drives: 2016 F31 328d

As the original post, I wanted to chime in on what I did to resolve my programming. The issue I was having was that the airbag light was always on when I used a donor controller with heated controls after all the programming that I mentioned in my original post. The final step that I couldn't seem to complete while using ESYS version 3.27.1 to tie in the donor seat module and when I would try to "Detect CAF for SWE" it was always grayed out.

My working solution to date was that I had been running with two control modules and the seat power control split to feed both. After getting the email notification about a post to this thread, I read through it and gave it a new go today and had success.

Today, I ended up updating to version 3.33.0 launcher and was able to get the CAFD programmed, but using a slightly different method as the "Detect CAF for SWE" remained grayed out for me. Instead, when I got to that step, I used the "Read (VCM)" in the SVT Actual Section then the "SW-IDs from SVTactual" section. The CAFD then showed up in my SM module, but was red. I then clicked to "Code" the module and that was successful. The heated seat working and air bag light gone. Not sure why I had to go this route, but possibly another option for someone trying to do this and struggling in the same spot.

Regarding the ISTA error codes - I dont have any experience with those, sorry!
Appreciate 0