View Single Post
      06-08-2019, 04:30 PM   #85
natesi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastActionJax View Post
This makes me super nervous too! guess we all have to be nervous with the N20 which really sucks. I literally think about something Failing all the time! Im on bm3 stage 2 93 and only drive in sport+ mode (I turn start/stop off everytime I start the car) but my car idles a little rough on start up alot (duration is about 30secs)
I have a lot into my car and it sucks I have to worry about the motor blowing up on me constantly, I rode my Motorcycle for 2 years daily to save money to buy this car outright because I planned on keeping it till I could save for an M3, I wish I had joined the forum sooner and found out all these N20 issues before buying one. just broke 80k, I guess I'm hoping to make it to 100k then I'll just sell this bia! This was supposed to get me by till the M
I don't know what I'd do either -- it's a shitty situation for a lot of people and your options depend on how much disposable income you have, as well.

Not all n20 / n26 engines are affected though. Allegedly, those built after Jan 2015 will have the revised part. But who really knows exactly when they changed over to the new design, in the manufacturing process. I would guess the later into 2015 your car was built, the better chance you have of the revised timing chain. Certainly, anyone with a 2016 should be OK.
Appreciate 3