View Single Post
      06-20-2018, 12:55 AM   #83
dsc888
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 340ix ///M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredGeek View Post
Hi guys, have any of you had aerodynamic problems following fitting just the front splitter?
I have the official BMW fitting instructions from F30POST.com/ BIMMERPOST.com and just about the first thing it says is that if the front splitter is fitted then the rear spoiler MUST also be fitted. I'm assuming for aero reasons.

My F31 335d will be delivered in September and while I love the front splitter and rear undertray diffuser I absolutely HATE the way the tailgate spoiler looks, I'd love to be able to forget it

Aftermarket carbon fibre for me, There's no way I'm paying £995 for each end when I can get both online for around £500, or £350 if I go for ABS plastic
I too noticed the blurb about the need to install the rear wing with the splitter. I have both and my guess is that they wanted you to have balanced downforce at both the front and rear. The front splitter helps to generate more downforce and reduce lift and my guess is that they don't want the rear to go light if you negate the rear trunk/boot spoiler. Granted, you probably have to be going a pretty good clip to cause an imbalance but I'm sure BMW wants to save their AND your rear.

And I'm all for the aftermarket CF rear wings on eBay. I have had mine installed for the last 8 months and I admire it daily. Best $130 I spent!
Appreciate 0