View Single Post
      08-24-2020, 05:16 PM   #230
Zheez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D (2015)

To answer the post above, I just used 6 separate strands of 22 AWG wire and then used tesa tape around them to keep it all together. I did at first try to find a single wire with 6x 22 AWG cores in it but that worked out more expensive anyway so I decided against it.

I did resurrect this thread to ask a question though.

I did this retrofit on my car yesterday. Made my own cable from the REM to the bumper and used genuine parts for the PDC mounts and the front apron cable. However I used non-genuine sensors from a certain auction site. It does all seem to work with no errors and the sensors are definitely sensing things but it does appear that there's a bit of lag or that it's even failing to detect things at times. I need to do a bit more testing to be sure though.

The sensors were unpainted so I gave them a light sanding with 2000 grit paper, one layer of plastic primer, two light coats of paint and two light coats of clear coat. The sensors all look great which is impressive for me given that I'm terrible at painting things. If there is an issue (and while I can't be 100% sure yet, my gut feeling is that it isn't quite right) could it be that I used too much paint on the sensors or that these non-genuine sensors are just crap? Don't mind buying genuine sensors if I have to but if it sounds like I've given them too much paint then I'd rather try sorting that out first.
Appreciate 0