United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by max80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by J555 View Post
The HK system is very different from hifi and certainly not a PnP upgrade. You need to retrofit the MOST and the harnesses including additional wirings.

The B&O (as well as B&W and RR Bespoke) is even a bigger challenge and not sure if somebody already did it. The first obvious reason is these amps have more channels, thus need identification of the correct channels and additional wiring (e.g. tweeters powered by dedicated channels). Still, even the very best oem amp will not provide you with possibilities the aftermarket DSP/amps have...

Considering the cost, effort, risks and result, retrofitting the MOST amp does not make much sense to me and you make your life much easier with aftermarket solutions. Some brands are now offering all components required for upgrade, including cables and harnesses. If you think you need tweeking the sound after the DSP calibration, you can often buy remotes to your amp (depending on the brand, that allows you to comfortably adjust L/R, fader, EQ or even switch the DSP profiles).

Before you hit the Bavsound trigger, I suggest considering all the options of PnP speakers available on the market (there are many).
OK seems MATCH UP was the one to go anyway..

Maybe i should just upgrade my HIFI system not a retrofit HK.

So what speakers you guys recommend? And about subwoofer upgrade which one you guys suggest?

Thankyou so much
Earthquake underseat subs. All the information is in the posts above

Install the MatchUp amp and Earthquakes. Then decide if you need any other speaker upgrades
Appreciate 0