View Single Post
      09-16-2019, 01:08 PM   #464
Zheez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D (2015)

My car came with a 6.5" display and HU_ENTRYNAV (without navigation) but I have since retrofitted NBT and added an Avin 10.25" Android display. I then decided I didn't need the 8.8" display that came with my NBT hardware that I purchased so I decided to sell it on eBay.

A couple of days after it was delivered I had a message from the buyer claiming that it didn't work so naturally, my suspicion was that I had been scammed and I thought that they'd gut swapped the unit leaving me with something broken. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the screen actually still works perfectly so I went back to the buyer and double-checked what the situation was.

He claims that he has HU_ENTRYNAV and was getting 'no signal' messages from my screen even after a so-called 'professional' had coded the head unit to use the display. He then says that he bought another screen and that one is working fine. However, I know that my screen worked with my HU_ENTRYNAV before I took it out of the car and I have since tested it on two NBT units and it works perfectly with both.

My screen has part number 9292248 on the label which I believe would mean its full part number is 65509292248. Is anyone aware of any weird compatibility issues with these screens and specific units, or is it just likely that the buyer was an idiot? Just curious if there's any way he wasn't being an idiot and that there was some odd issue before I try selling it on again.
Appreciate 0