Sandydog
Registered Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 335i x-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_fan View Post
REALLY are you serious?

Care to post any comments about Porsche re: Cayenne and Panamera.

Or what about Ferarri with the upcoming FF (651hp, 4WD, 4 Seats, Hatchback).

Arguably two of the most "pure" sports car manufacturers in the world stepping outside of what has historically been considered their realm to offer more model variants.

Even Lamborghini produced the LMOO2 in the late 80's early 90's.

I'll admit your comments are very entertaining.

I could go on but it would further derail the original subject matter of this thread. So I digress
No, please, DO go on. You are merely reinforcing my 'opinions,' particularly with the LM002--gosh, what a success THAT was!

Ferrari and Porsche have no NEED to build things like those you list above. They merely prostitute that which they once stood for--high-performance GTs, snappy roadsters, the best or nothing. Now, they build mammywagons and trucks and 4-door sedans for the wealthy-yet-aged, simply because they can sell them. Aye, business be business, but it's still a tragedy to see once-proud manufacturers building such things.

Now, if you please, tell me more about how handsome a BMW Malevolent Toad GT is in comparison to a Porsche Cayenne. It's very much like a comparison between Rosie O'Donnell and Roseanne Barr, yesno?
Appreciate 0