03-28-2014, 11:42 PM   #29
silencer2008
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritaurus View Post
Harmon Kardon Mids and Tweeters <-- Shouldn't be too hard but the parts are very difficult to find.
NBT Navigation <--- DIY'd in with the help of a few friends and I paid about USD$1700 in parts including touch controller
PDC, Reverse Camera, Surround View Camera <--- PDC is very difficult to retrofit as you will need the PDC bumper and wiring to head unit. The reverse camera shares the same module as the surround view but you will need the cameras installed to the side mirrors and that is also labour intensive. Just the reverse camera itself isn't too bad.
BMW Apps <--- you can get this with the NBT retrofit if you are using a hardware activator. If your NBT is used and still has the original FSC code for BMW Apps stored in there, it will work.
Instrument Cluster with extended scope <--- Do'able but you will need a most cable to connect it to NBT and you will need to code it in properly. If the cluster used, you will also have to delete the mileage.

Hi Aritaurus, been following your NBT build thread, quite an awesome job you guys did there. Just a few points to add on:

1) The parts for the HK retrofit are quite easily accessible, the only issue is
with the labour to pull apart everything, and replace the trim.
2) The PDC retrofit can be done even on a bumper without pre-drilled
holes to my understanding, because there are markings at the back of
the bumper to indicate drill points. The only challenge would be to get
through the firewall in the engine compartment.
3) The instrument cluster retrofit would require a most cable, and also an
NBT headunit as well to my understanding. Double whammy I suppose.
Appreciate 0