11-28-2018, 03:43 PM   #12
Sweeney921
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2000 BMW E39 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by idontsave View Post
I don't, but it looks like Injen's dyno with the intake installed was running at almost 15 degrees hotter than the stock dyno run. Honestly I have no idea how much of a temperature difference there typically is running with the hood open vs. hood closed but perhaps that difference at least partially makes up for it?
I'd say that the ambient conditions were favorable for comparing the Injen intake vs OEM. They did a great job picking the right day for their install. It's also easier to justify and advertise higher power levels when the conditions were actually worse with the aftermarket intake, so kudos on Injen for doing it right.

That being said, whether or not the hood is raised has a HUGE impact on intake air temps with a pod filter. Conversely, it wouldn't have a major impact with the OEM intake. My take is that these dyno measurements would be drastically favored towards Injen's intake if they were done with the hood opened.

Still, looks like a nice intake. Still considering it for my car. Let us know what you think!
Appreciate 0