View Single Post
      10-06-2019, 02:55 AM   #1234
dadwagon
Long roofin'
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31

Excited to join this forum after being a long-time lurker. This thread has been great inspiration during my search for our new car.

Yesterday we finally pulled the trigger on our new family car, the Dad Wagon aka The Mom Bomb aka The Goon aka The Black LaGoon.

Luckily found this CPO 2017 Sapphire Black Metallic 330i at our local dealer, it has all the packages we wanted, the color was great, black leather with red stitching and ash grain interior trim. Ever since BMW axed the wagons I've been wanting to get my hands on a 2017/2018 330i xdrive, but wanted to wait until the right one popped up at the right time.

I will admit, I really wanted to get my hands on an M-sport package (especially seeing everyone's M-sport wagons in this thread) but nothing close by, and of course stupidly marked up if you can find one at all, locally. The front bumper is sweet, and I figured down the road after many road trips and rock chips and wear I will be able to convince myself to get the M-sport bumper (probably a rep ).

Here's how she sits today.

Already got some things lined up less than 24 hours into ownership:

- Scheduled to have the car get Matte black vinyl wrapped trim
- BMW dealership will be refinishing the wheels a slightly darker silver (part of the deal terms, since each wheel has some curb rash anyways)
- Ordered smoke side markers to replace the orange ones
- Ordered BMW oem roof rack (We ride bikes and go skiing a lot, plus... its not a wagon until it has a roof rack!)
- Soon to order the legacy black CA plate.

One thing I'm still deciding is if I want to vinyl wrap the little silver bit in the standard bumper... I decided I like the chrome grille surrounds for now, no blacking those out yet.

The Runflats still have 50-60% left, so even though they are not my favorite they will stay for now. The plan eventually will be to run the stock wheels with a all-season with good snow traction, and then get a dedicated summer wheel/tire setup.

I can't wait to share some more photos once things start being done.

Until then I will enjoy seeing what you guys have to share!

Last edited by dadwagon; 10-06-2019 at 03:03 AM..
Appreciate 5
scostu1621.00
FrankDK170.00
MSCD3184.50