Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMK007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC View Post
For a while now I've been saying that Sport+ is awesome, as it never seems to intervene even when driving at (or slightly past) the limit.

Well, I learned something recently when working with a tuner... long story short, back in 2016 when I had my eLSD coded out, the coder apparently coded out all stability control in Sport+. So all this time running in Sport+, I had no stability control at all active... which of course explains why I never felt it intervene : )

Oh, and along with killing Sport+ DSC, they also disabled ABS. Which makes sense thinking back to the occasional brief lock up on track over the years. (Nothing dramatic, as I was always able to manage it... but I always wondered how I occasionally overcame ABS when threshold braking!)

So I guess I have no idea how invasive Sport+ DSC might be...all this time I thought it was great because it seemed to be sophisticated enough to let me drive at the limit and leave me alone when I didn't need it!
I recently installed an MPerf LSD. If I full disable DSC, will I be full mechanical LSD or will I have the eLSD intervening? If so, running in Sport + would mean no eLSD but nanny intervention considerably well past the limit, right?
With a mechanical lsd you'll never get enough slip back there for "eLSD" to trigger. It's really just the car applying ABS to one side to mimic a mechanical lsd.

Max slip with the Mp LSD is ~30%, so eLSD would trigger somewhere above that as no coding is needed to go to the Mp LSD.
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | Fabspeed Catted DP | VRSF Comp IC | 18X9 ET35 19lb MT1 | 255/40/18 ECS | Ohlins RT Millway Street | Millway Control Arm Bushings | Turner Endlinks | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete | Pipercross Filter | MHD Stg2 93
Appreciate 0