09-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #14
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
I lost some respect for Randy with the comment about "the runflats must be a better tire". You don't think the chassis and suspension could be why it had more grip or maybe the fact that the mustang doesn't have IRS? Silly racecar drivers. lol
Why wouldn't he be correct? The cars were dead even with the tires that came with the car, but with better tires the mustang's best was better than the BMWs.

If the only change was the tire and the mustang had more improvement with the swap, then yes the tires on the BMW were better to start with.

Seems logical.

That and it's fun to see a 'muscle car' with a solid rear axle besting other 'sporty cars' costing almost 50% more when they're just supposed to be good in a straight line.

I'm running Mich PSS on my car with lighter and wider wheels and the grip is noticeable. I haven't taken it out to an auto-x yet, but my summer run flats did a pretty good job previously so I'm anxious to see how these perform.

To note, my gas mileage went down noticably with the wider/stickier tires. It looks like about 1.5mpg is where it's settling in at from my stock wheels/tires.
Appreciate 0