05-13-2015, 10:47 AM   #92
Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nerd View Post
So....all other things being equal, did the MPPK air box with your Dinan intake produce the same or less power than the comparable stock airbox with Dinan intake?

I guess what I'm asking is....if I still have my stock airbox (I do), should I put that back on before going with the Dinan intake (and Stage 2)?
A short concise answer isn't really possible. The problem cars that lost power with the MPPK intake all exhibited faults (but not a CEL since the codes thrown are sporadic) before they were even touched by Dinan. The faults generated seemed to indicate that the faults were derived from a turbulence issue created by the additional hole in the MPPK airbox. Not all our test cars had this happening though so sensitivity of the MAF sensor seems to play a large part in this as well. If you have a code scanner and scan the car and have air flow codes to start with you have your answer as to what you should probably do.

Overall, the power difference for those that had these issues was minimal (~5 HP) and actually being able to feel a power difference is unlikely.
Appreciate 0