01-10-2017, 07:49 AM   #251
TANG2864
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F32 435i Coupe "4DIRTY5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6IX-F10-N52 View Post
i think you are confusing your resonator with your secondary cats. they are two different things. a resonator has special baffling inside specifically designed for your engine to reduce drone. my quote was sourced from The Axiom - a veteran on this forum with a high reputation. he specified that you lose torque from deleting a resonator unless you fit an x-pipe in the same place where the resonator is supposed to be.

if you look at an exhaust from an e92, or a n55 stock exhaust you will note that there is a factory x-pipe in place of where a resonator would otherwise be. its there for a reason.
We don't have xpipes on f-chassis n55 or can't put an xpipes in because we are single turbo single outlet.. Also I doubt we would lose any torque, as that would be from backpressure loss and 1. The resonator shouldn't have too much backpressure and 2. For our turbo cars, almost all the backpressure /exhaust scavenging we need it at the turbo or main Cat/ dp, the resonator would be like super minimal difference, probably not measurable. And to the person confusing the resonator with secondary cats, no our resonator does not filter any exhaust, it is basically a perforated /baffled pipe to let a certain frequency of vibration cancel out, aka deleting drone.
Appreciate 0