Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
Does that depend on the car?
I’m the second owner on my ‘18 F33 430ix and nothing was free.
I’m also the second owner on my ‘19 F39 X2 M35i and just took it in two weeks ago for an oil change and the BMW dealership (where I didn’t buy it from) changed the oil and filters for free. I was there two months ago for a recall and they told me the oil change was free but not due till closer to May.

Both were non CPO. The F33 was bought at a Lincoln dealership and the F39 at an Alfa dealership.
That's not supposed to be the case.

I have a CPO I bought in '15. At the time, CPOs included the remainder of the maintenance, but not private party sales. Then the year after I bought my car, BMW changed the policy that it didn't apply to CPOs anymore, and they shortened the period to 3/36 and removed brakes and wipers from the program. I guess they just aren't diligent about it.

https://www.bmwusa.com/explore/bmw-v...onditions.html

Quote:
NON-TRANSFERABILITY
These maintenance programs are available to the exclusive benefit of the initial purchaser, owner, or lessee of a new vehicle, sales demonstrator vehicle, Aftersales Mobility Program vehicle, or BMW Group company vehicle from an authorized BMW center in the United States (including Puerto Rico). Coverage is not transferable to subsequent purchasers, owners, or lessees. The sole exception to the non-transferability of coverage is that household transfers—transfers within the United States (including Puerto Rico) to members of the household of the initial purchaser, owner, or lessee of a BMW vehicle from an authorized BMW center—will not terminate coverage.
Household transfers are limited solely to transfers to a current or former spouse or spousal equivalent, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, or grandchild from the initial purchaser, owner, or lessee of a vehicle. In the event of a household transfer, purchasers, owners, or lessees of a BMW vehicle should promptly advise their authorized BMW center to document and confirm the household transfer for purposes of coverage. The payoff of a loan on a vehicle by the initial purchaser and the purchase of a leased vehicle by the initial lessee are not considered transfers for purposes of coverage.
Appreciate 0