zeyad.habeeb
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBO-FamilySedan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DL335D View Post
I recently purchased a pre owned MPE (340 number on the can and 10k miles on it) for my 435 GC and got it installed yesterday. First thing my mechanic said when I went to pick the car up..."are you sure you got the right exhaust" I said what do you mean? He said "it's louder when you start the car, but that's about it". With an awkward grin on his face he said "how much did you pay for that?!?!" I've worked with him for years.

A little back ground. I'm 43 and coming from a 2017 f80 competition pack with the OEM "sport" exhaust, which is at least 20 times louder (maybe more) than this m-performance exhaust. The M3 sounds like a monster inside the cabin (active sound deleted) next to my F36. The funny thing is, the majority of the F80 guys don't think the comp pack exhaust is loud enough. I don't understand how BMW can call this a "performance" exhaust then you have to drive with the windows down below 30 and at WOT to hear it!!! And yes I did watch videos and thought it sounded okay in the drive away shots. Maybe I just got used to the noise of the M3, because I remember being impressed by the MPE I had on my f30 328. And I also remember thinking "woah, how can that be street legal" when I first heard the sales manager start up my M3 on the showroom floor.

So now, the question is, how can I make it louder (no drone) to where I can actually hear it with the windows up? MPPK (only louder crackles?)? Resonator straight pipe? Catted DP? Will the catted DP pass emission check in MA?

I don't want to give up on it just yet.

Thank you all.
If you want it louder do a resonator delete and add a DP. Fabspeed catted DP guarantees no CEL.
So with this down pipe, no need for a tune?

Will it pass the smog check in CA?
Appreciate 0