SSJTrunks523
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328xic '11.0 M3 DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
So based on your stipulations, if you were another driver you would do nothing to Verstappen?

Then there are few drivers that are secure enough in their positions to jeopardize their points, face penalties, etc. for the end game or screwing another driver. I could see the same blocking that he has been doing.
I was just making the extreme argument. Many of the drivers know that they aren't going anywhere, and aren't winning. Nothing to lose in their season/contract. I'd start by petitioning the driver's commission to try to pressure the FIA to actually do something. By not penalizing, they are teaching him that what he is doing is right. They penalized Nico (who I dislike). Do you actually need to attempt to kill someone to get penalized these days? Oh, unless you are last place NASR for exceeding track limits.

5 second penalty doesn't change half of the standings on any given race at this point.

Vettel claimed that they (the drivers) should handle things themselves.

Again, NASCAR. Someone would put you in a wall. No if's, and's or but's. Probably rip your head off outside of the car as well.

I don't want to see this. I want the FIA to stop VES from dangerous racing before he does kill someone, or himself. Right now he flat out said that what he is doing is ok because he has not received a warning or penalty. He is not learning proper protocol/ethics when it comes to racing and apparently the FIA is the only thing he cares about.

/rant

2011.0 E92 M3 M-DCT ZCP ZTP ZPP Black Wrapped Jerez Black + 2007 E92 328xic 6MT
2007 YZF-R6 + 2001 Honda Shadow ACE
1989 RS Camaro - HO 350, Dynomax headers, flowmaster AT exhaust, 4.56 gears
2015 STI Launch Edition
Appreciate 0