View Single Post
      10-30-2018, 01:50 PM   #47
Enabled
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328xd Wagon, M2 Competition

ESYS: DSC > 3000 > C_Funktion_LaengsMomentVerteilung_aktiv_e > aktiv change to nicht_aktiv

Leave everything electronic connected. You could pull the front driveshaft, differential, and axles if you want to improve efficiency (my hardware is all connected, however).

I have been running it like this for nearly the whole year. Lots of RWD powerslides in the rain, and burnouts possible all the way into 3rd gear.
Transfer case will remain in full open mode, proven on my lift (minimal viscous and bearing friction will move front wheels while in the air, but you can stop them by hand...)

NOTE: You will get a DSC error for "DSC Subfunction coded out", which will result in the traction (Chassis Stability) light on, and a check control message for it as well. So not for everyone if you like no lights.

The DSC module checks against the VCM and knows you are trying to trick it. But everything works, all the Sports and Eco Pro modes, and DSC off.

If you were to change the VCM and the whole vehicle VO, then it would not illuminate any of those. I didn't opt for that, because I wanted to keep my DDE tune version, and be able to easily switch between rwd and awd.

I am working on removing the check control message from cluster, when I have the time to play with it more.

I really need to create an intro and build thread on my wagon, it has quite a history and it's super special to me. All of which allows for a lot of testing and experimentation.
Others:
-E36 328is. 2000 Z3 Roady. 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual. Estoril Z3M Coupe.

Last edited by Enabled; 10-30-2018 at 02:01 PM..
Appreciate 6