05-07-2018, 05:15 PM   #106
Drastaa
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 2012, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova66 View Post
Got the install completed yesterday. Here is a screenshot of the info:

The RAM is actually 2gb and the ROM is 32gb. Runs great so far. I was surprised to get audio from both music and video without hooking up the 3.5mm jack.
Looks good. Already written to the Chineese if they are willing to sell me one for $400 since they told you that they would do a $360 for a reseller. Don't really wanna go for the AVIN one since it has an ancient Android OS and seems a bit overpriced.

I just wonder if it will work with my ancient HU (no idea what's in the car tho) /2012 F30 last 7 VIN digits are FX59324, can't find it anywhere and don't really understand how do I even find out. If the resolution is going to be okay since the 6,5" screen has much smaller res...

EDIT: I had a chat with Avin support who said that the screenshot from the About Device indicates that it is some sort of engineering sample of the unit, not its final version. Also told me that they already have the Android 7.1 units in stock but they are testing them if they are reliable and if they can survive some extreme conditions (heat / cold) so they don't sell crap. Told me that the Android 7 units should be ready soon if everything goes well with price around $500.

Last edited by Drastaa; 05-08-2018 at 03:29 AM..
Appreciate 0