View Single Post
      02-22-2015, 01:23 PM   #6
joewalton
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i Gran Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska///235i View Post
Can any F32/36 owners (assuming F32 & F36 use same suspensions) give me some feedbacks as to how the xdrive suspension is like (without the DHP/adaptive suspension)?

Im looking to get a 428GC/F36 without the DHP and 18" wheels. Im coming from a m235i with DHP and had an E90 xdrive prelci with the worst suspension BMW have made.

Thanks in advance
I may be able to help here.

I also had the E90 M-Sport XDrive suspension which rattled my teeth and exploded over potholes. I hated it so much that I transitioned into the F30 RWD Luxury line on the standard suspension. I really liked that suspension as it was far more civilized but the body roll was significant and it lost its BMW "edge" in tight corners or quick maneuvers. My E90 was too firm, my F30 was too soft.

My 428i GC/F36 RWD with DHP is the absolute best of both worlds. Hit the "Sport" mode button and you're back in your E90 without the bone-jarring harshness. Hit the "Comfort" mode and you're back in my F30 Luxury line with a touch more firmness.

The XDrive suspension is the softest BMW makes, it's softer than my F30 Luxury line was so the body roll will be more significant and it will lose even more of its BMW "edge" as a result. You're coming from an M235i and I can't see you being happy in an XDrive F3X without DHP.
Appreciate 0