View Single Post
      10-13-2016, 06:57 PM   #1
Raikkonen
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

xDrive Adaptive Suspension Skidpad Numbers???

People have been saying for years on this forum that an xDrive with an adaptive suspension is the only way to get rwd handling in an all wheel drive 3 series. Basically avoiding the "soft" factory default tune of the xDrive cars...

Does anyone have any real-world evidence from a track test, magazine review, etc. that actually supports this claim?

I'm about to pull the trigger on my families first ever xDrive BMW, after a LONG history of rwd passive Msports and passive sport suspension 3 series.

The adaptive suspension on my M3 is negligible between settings, as every setting is "harsh" on MI roads.

We're looking at a 340i xDrive Msport with the track handling package and 19"s. And for the record, I keep my cars 100% stock, hence my question.

I understand the ride height is slightly higher, and the car weighs slightly more, but does the optional adaptive suspension truly become as firm as a rwd sport suspension car when set to Sport, Sport +, etc.??? Does it corner as well???

Any evidence from an online source (with numbers) to back this up?

Thanks everyone, and curious to hear any real-world impressions!

(it probably goes without saying that none of my local dealers has an adaptive suspension xDrive to test drive back to back with a passive or adaptive rwd car)
Appreciate 0