View Single Post
      10-16-2016, 01:23 AM   #6
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

The basic BMW suspensions from the last few years are weak. The X-drives were not offered with the 704 sport suspension and the adaptive on the x-drives still used the same springs and swaybars as the base. That's the problem.

I switched the springs, shock tuning (shockware) and swaybars. The stock rear swaybar is a ridiculous 12mm, to give you an idea. This is the problem. Crazy weight transfer, soft suspension, poor handling. Now, with the setup I have, I forget I'm in an AWD car all the time. I read that BMW makes their AWD cars "rear wheel drive biased", but that's BS to me, in stock form no way. Now, yes, fun to drive like rear wheel drive. Honestly, this has been one of the most disappointing things about BMW. After coming from my camaro SS (that i admittedly had a strut bar, eibach sways and rear chassis tie on), the BMW was many levels below. The BMW still doesn't handle near camaro, but it's at least acceptable now. Driving a great handling car kind of ruins you, now I"m thinking Cayman S/GT4 or something similar for my next car, just due to this.