Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post
That's not too far off from the official BMW LSD for xDrive M235/M240i
Except that there isn't evidence that the official BMW LSD for the xdrive M240/340 actually exists. If you look at the PN BMW provides, it's the same PN as the RWD M240/340i.

The M240/340i RWD use a 215mm ring gear diff, the xDrive M240/340i use a 188mm ring gear diff, same as my 328d. The axle shaft seals are different sizes. I couldn't find one example of the M-Perf LSD actually being installed on an M240/340i xDrive vehicle, but there is a post on these forums of an xDrive 340i owner who tried to have the M-Perf LSD installed and the dealership found out it wasn't compatible. So it was an easy choice to go with Diffsonline and a Wavetrac, which I KNEW would work, versus buying the M-Perf LSD from a dealer, and finding out in the middle of the install that it won't work...
https://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/5...P-DIFFERENTIAL

Is that something different? If you put in your vehicle, it confirms it fits the M240i XDrive. I went the extra step and called up my dealership and they confirmed that it fits (I am sure that could go either way though, as they are looking at the same web page as I linked above hah)

What am I missing?

Sorry for being so new at this but I want to put in an LSD as well, and I am trying to learn as much as I can before pulling the trigger.
Appreciate 0