View Single Post
      05-07-2018, 12:43 PM   #12
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheran View Post
Old ('12-'13) non-sport F30 didn't have the option visible. Needed coding.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Funny, comfort mode is almost universally regarded as the mode of choice on the track or driving at the limit, with the artificial "heavy" feeling of Sport mode being dismissed as a poor attempt to replicate the hydraulically assisted power steering of the past.
Definitely personal preference but I hate sports mode in city driving. The steering feels like you're driving a dump truck and the throttle is way to sensitive to slowly slip the clutch. Plus the exhaust pops are overkill. With an aftermarket exhaust the pops are much more random and authentic vs the sports mode sounding over-animated.

I pretty much only use it on the highway so I can maneuver easier and reduce the lagging feel of the turbo when trying to accelerate quickly. I just do the opposite of what I recommended and set it to "drivetrain only." But I can easily imagine that it's easier to control your inputs in comfort mode when at the track.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0