Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by endursa View Post
the procedure would be correct, with one exeption: I am not sure if you would need to use lucky patcher to disable signature verification anyways if you wanna have a reodex rom, because i would asume you don't have the original signature key. The other option is to not reodex the rom, and let it precompile after flashing (would take a looooong first boot, but works similar to preodex) this is what i am not sure about concerning android 9.

The reason an apk and an odex file is present is, that the odex file only contains the classes.dex information present inside the apk file, the rest of the resources and precompiled xml file stuff is still uesd from the apk file.

This is also the reason one can usually swap out png assets without running into the issue of odex/de-odexing.
Many thanks for this clarification, and yes, I hear that Lucky Patcher is necessary step here as all rom / ksw apps are signed with the same key - SharedUserID thing etc.

However you say if one was to replace only png resources this whole odex issue wouldn't be a problem. This is exactly what I'm trying to do i.e. replace few pngs and couple of xml files. The problem is, when Kri (just to test things out) deleted launcher apk, system still booted up with, well, all launcher stuff present. So this would mean that resources are also precompiled and stored elsewhere?
Appreciate 0