View Single Post
      12-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #93
Cortexiphan
Major
Rep
Drives: 24' BMW iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyr4 View Post
I love the stigma associated with us M3 Convertible drivers. Spend 10 minutes in my car driving with the roof down with my OEM Exhaust Mod (non-perf) and you'll be pretty upset when you get back in your coupe

Granted it's not as quick as a couple the extra weight is definitely noticeable but if you live in LA or a similar climate then once you go roofless with the right car + exhaust you'll never go back That's what happened to me in LA about 10 years ago. I have had an M3 Convertible ever since. For anyone who has tried Tivo and never gone back to anything else it's the exact same phenomenon - trust me...
I live in Boston but I'm still thinking of getting the vert.

With neck warmers, I can probably drive top down even when it's 50-55 F outside, which is pretty much 8 months in Boston. And, when the top is up and in bad weather, it doesn't have any disadvantages over the coupe except that the back seats are tighter, which I don't care, and higher weight would probably give more traction.
Also the weight difference is more noticeable in NA Engines. With the turbo, the performance difference between vert and the coupe will be less significant.
21’ G20 ///M340i

24' i20 iX xDrive50
Appreciate 0