View Single Post
      05-14-2019, 11:38 PM   #43
natesi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30

So, if we're talking about "cheap looking" stuff....:

I don't mind seeing halogen headlights, so much. This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I've had some cars with good halogens -- and honestly, I think the warm hue is better for visibility -- especially on fresh blacktop at night -- compared to the cooler-colored LEDs. Plus, LEDs are too bright for oncoming traffic. And yes, my car has the LEDs -- that's just the way it came. I just feel sorry for anyone on the receiving-end of them.

What makes me cringe is the small and cheap looking screen -- in any F30 -- for anyone that didn't get navigation. It just looks hideous and makes the interior feel like it belongs in super-budget economy car, rather than a BMW. Not to sound like a snob, but for the price we pay, you would think they wouldn't cheap-out so much. It's just kind of the principal of it.

The other thing is the flat-bottom (non "sport") / luxury seats. They look disgusting -- like they literally start making my stomach turn. The sport seats are one of the best things about the 3 series -- it seems like a crime that BMW would put flabby-ass, flat-bottom, "chairs" in this car. I don't know if I've ever seen a modern car, with bucket seats, that have such flat seat-bottoms. Toyota Camrys have more bolstering! It's so sad.

3rd on my list isn't something you can see, so much, but something I noticed while car shopping: When I was thinking about buying used, a couple years ago, I noticed there were a lot of 2015, and older, 3 series that didn't even have back-up cameras. Yet they would have the m-sport package, or the lighting package, or whatever. But no fucking back up camera. I'm like, "WTF?!?!" Mind. Blown. This is another example of BMW cheeping the fuck out, and penny-pinching on basic-ass safety shit, when backup cameras (and even blind-spot monitoring) were becoming standard equipment on most other cars.

Last edited by natesi; 05-14-2019 at 11:49 PM..
Appreciate 1
KRS_SN13433.00