10-28-2019, 11:45 PM   #51
navardi
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: Built N20 BMW 220i

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
Are you doing anything to help with mitigate the oil starvation/pressure loss under hard braking or hard left turns? I'm getting this pretty bad after my last session on track and am looking for some ways to reduce this. Most people recommend overfilling a bit to help with that. I'm also running 5w40 over the OEM fill of 0w20 which seemed to help a bit but I got hear whining coming out of turn 11 at laguna since there's walls/garages there to bounce back at me.
Already sorted that problem, see page 2, oil pan baffle installed makes huge difference, i also recommend running 10w 40 fully synthetic with easter and Zinc in it (penrite 10 tenths racing oil) helps alot too. Having good rod bearings i.e TRIMETAL racing rod bearings and low friction coatings on these bearings and the piston skirts also help low oil situations but the baffle is the absolutely the only best way to mitigate this issue, i know the xdrive aluminium oil sumps are different designs we don't have xdrive in Aus, just the plastic oil sumps for RWD, so the oil baffle design for the Xdrive sumps may have to vary slightly
Appreciate 0