View Single Post
      10-24-2019, 10:06 PM   #16
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbread View Post
Definitely, without E85 the car feels I don't want to say lifeless but definitely not as lively.

I've tried a lot with my car. I almost always add E85 just to boost the octane. Without E85 my data logs show lots of timing corrections...

I tried the MHD E30 map a while ago (definitely not the current OTS map), and my car wasn't a fan. My fuel pump was crashing and couldn't keep up.

Haven't tried the straight E85 maps either, the car runs so happy on Stage 2 I haven't felt a need to try it yet.

Next time I fill without E85 I'll try to get a good updated 3rd-4th gear log... Gives me an excuse to go have some fun, I also need to see if my spark plugs are getting tired....

** EDIT

Forgot to mention I also tried Stage 2+ with varying levels of E85 and while the car ran pretty good, it didn't run/sound/feel as happy as it does with just the straight stage 2.

Check out my blog, I have some logs up there showing my timing corrections on straight 91 vs E85 mix. Goto myusername .com/howie85 to see them (I'm not allowed to direct link on this site anymore because I have amazon affiliate links...)
I just spent some time poking around your blog. Thanks for the heads up about pearson fuels - the app and the statement about E85 percentage were useful. I actually get E85 right around the corner from where i live from a pearson fuels station for my 3000gt, but did not know about the app (i used a different website). I am still a little skeptical about it be consistenly 83.3%, but thats just because i am a skeptic lol.

I am wondering what you consider a lot of timing corrections? I looked back at some of my logs, and i only see a few timing corrections at the top of 4th gear, up to about -3 degrees. In one of your examples you are getting crazy corrections across all cylinders throughout a pull... i just dont see that in my logs. I am MHD Stage 1, VRSF IC+CP, stock DP and intake. In my most recent 1-4 log, i dont really get anything until the top of 4th. I couldnt find a log where you show before/after adding E85. I am also wondering if you see positive fuel trims with the DME trying to add extra fuel due to the ethanol content.

The Emix maps from MHD are E20 now, probably because E30 was too much. Also, i am EWG and you are PWG, so our cars may respond differently. In any case, good info overall. I may experiment in adding a few gallons of E85 since a station is so close to me, especially after i go stage 2 and add a downpipe. I plan to do that next spring after my service, since i am on stock plugs with 41k miles at the moment.

For reference, here are my most recent logs (yes, i know my boost is below target in the lower RPMs):

4th: https://datazap.me/u/thejeremyman9/4...43-44-45-46-47

1-4: https://datazap.me/u/thejeremyman9/1...43-44-45-46-47
Appreciate 0