View Single Post
      07-06-2014, 12:55 PM   #1
track_warrior
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Thinking about F31 328d / Towing?

Guys im ready to replace my Golf Tdi thats my daily driver with a 328d wagon. My wife has the 328d and the fuel economy is even better than my golfs, plus im getting 1000 bucks off eco credit so its the same price as a 328i. Im thinking also about getting a small 18 ft jet boat. The weight of the jet boat with a braked trailer is around 3100 with all fluids and has a tongue weight of 195 .

If i add a trailer brake controller, invisi hitch that is rated to 5000 pounds, do you think it will be ok to use the wagon as a tow vehicle every time the boat needs to be serviced? The boat will stay at the dock so i will only be towing when it needs to go in for service so maybe once or twice a year. if i recall correctly i read somewhere the wagons european spec towing data was around 4000 pounds with a braked trailer but i cant find any info on the US spec car. BTW the wagon im ordering will be M-Sport if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.