View Single Post
      03-18-2017, 09:15 PM   #1
seahawk892
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i xDrive

Advice: Mod or 335xi?

I've been driving a 2014 320xi for the last few years, but I'm craving more power. I'm debating between a tune (likely AFE or Dinan) or just trading up overall, and I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

I have no experience with a tune, but based on the millions of threads I think they have positive feedback. I tried to install an AFE Scorcher myself, but had a very difficult time doing so (I'm a noob, too nervous about breaking the clips). My only concern getting the tune is the warranty. But I love the mineral gray on my current car, and my sensatec seats, despite being a little hot in the summer, look brand new 40k+ miles later.

I've gone to test drive both the 328xi and the 335xi, and if I decide to go ahead with buying a different car, I think it'd only make sense to go bigger with the 335xi. I loved the power gradient on 335xi (felt it was much more linear). There are a few other options I'm seeing on many 335xi's (xenon by default, fold-down seats, m body kit, m-suspension) that I'd appreciate having on my next car. Given the depreciation I've incurred on my current car, I want a CPO for my next one.

Thoughts? Anything I'm not thinking about? Thanks!
Appreciate 0