Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronttwelv View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
Well - a few more thoughts why coilovers are still a better solution.

Coilovers made from stainless steel will withstand winter + salt driving conditions. Good coilovers are specifically engineered to deal with all annual season changes.
I hear ya, still want springs. I've had coilovers on two other cars and i ended up adjusting them in the long run to the height of other cars on springs. Its not the coin, its the simplicity of springs/shocks, less moving parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
The biggest disadvantage of usually stiffer / lowering springs + stock shocks: no suspension adjustment opportunities, no control over how springs and shocks will settle, softer shock typically have trouble stopping spring oscillations resulting in a bouncing effect, and duplicate labor charges when replacing springs-only solution with something better.
Again, will be doing shocks and springs.

I think i have it narrowed down to H&R Sports for x-drive or ACS/Dinan for RWD applications. I would really like to hear from other members on how the fitment is on the RWD ACS or Dinan springs on an x-drive car.

thanks for the response cfm56d7b
No worries. Just glad to offer another perspective to a fellow enthusiast.

Stock, softer shocks with lowering, stiffer springs is the least attractive combination. Selecting different shocks together with new springs is a better option. Good luck!
Appreciate 1