View Single Post
      08-24-2023, 02:09 PM   #42
blau3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 30d

Interesting thread - and sorry to re-open it, but it beats starting a new one!

I am about to tackle some sound insulation of the 4 doors in my F31 (following a Bang & Olufsen audio retrofit). It sounds amazing, but it would be great to elevate it further with some insulation.

What is the best approach? I know the vapour barrier will have to be removed to allow access to the door cavity.

Am I correct understand that a layer of butyl based insulation matting should be applied to the back of the outer door skin - then replace the vapour barrier and cover it with another layer of butyl based matting?

What is the best option for the reverse of the door card - further butyl based matt - or foam as pictured here in the thread?

Finally - what can be done around the sub enclosures - is there any room to allow a layer of butyl matt either inside the plastic sub enclosure itself - or on the bare metal floor pan underneath where the sub enclosure sits?

I am intrigued to see that some deadening in the B pillar might also lend itself to helping the sound of the under-seat woofers too.
Appreciate 0