oolas3
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovere89 View Post
I read this guide and I choose it

http://carunderstanding.com/best-rad...tor-under-200/

I bought this Radar Detector to use when travelling from Colorado to Florida. I drove a WS6 and crossed some straight lines. I felt very comfortable using this radar detector. I was worried that it wasn't working when I did not receive any signals all the way into Texas. But when I did get a signal, I was glad because it meant it worked. It told me I got hit by a laser about a mile and a half. The only problem was when I was pulled over in Texas and I did not receive any warnings from the detector. I could not think of a reason why I didn't get alerted. I could see police from a quarter mile away and I'm the only one on the road. The reason why police asked me to pull over was because I was reading the map and did not notice the speed change. However, the police were really friendly and even gave me directions. Overall, this is a very good wireless detector, with a small hiccup when I wasn't alerted that one time.

Radar detectors are almost useless against laser. Even if it alerts to laser occasionally, it is most likely too late already as the cop has your speed. You need a laser jammer. Several years ago in my state the highway patrols have switched to 95% laser. The local guys still use radar mostly though so you have to run both a detector and jammer for complete protection.
Appreciate 0