View Single Post
      04-18-2021, 08:56 PM   #3
antzonthe1
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by frchdragon View Post
Make sure that the car was leveled.
Did you keep an eye on the temperature of the transmission when you were filling it out.
And yes, the exhaust is right near the fill plug, I burned a hole in my transfer pump, good thing that I had a backup one.
For the liqui moly containers, they are designed with some kind of filler tube, I popped the that thing off so I could put my transfer pump in it.

I have 125k on my transmission, still shifting well. I might check the level also when I do the transfer case oil change.
It was on quickjacks, by the time I was done with the gears it was at 40, from a cold start, raced under the car then realized I didn't hold the revs, went back up and did it for 10 full seconds and I think it was at 50 when I raced back down to fill it. It was at 70 when I checked it right after I tightened the fill plug. I pumped in and moved it around while pumping till it was a steady stream coming out. The luqii Moly is fine for upside down but when you're under the car and squirting up you can't squeeze that damn bottle empty. Couldn't pop them things off! Either way my pump wouldn't have worked on them since the opening is too big. Windex bottle was perfect. Feels like it shifts smoother even though I put less in. Kind of feels like it pulls a little harder too I think I'll give it a week or month since I don't daily it.
Appreciate 0