View Single Post
      07-20-2018, 04:12 AM   #10
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Dreier View Post
I don't get the Froome thing. He's clearly a great athlete. Why has he not been nominated for end of year honours when other far less deserving athletes have.

It would be good if either Thomas or Froome get it this year, but I hope Sky let them race and get it on merit rather than team orders.
I totally understand what you are saying but team orders are hard to avoid in cycling, especially with dumoulin well within range and looking very strong.

It may well be that one of Froome and G will have to work for the other in the mountains, and I can only see that being the four-time winner if he puts his hand up and says "I'm well out of form guys, no chance of me winning so I will work for G".

Certainly in interviews, Thomas is playing the domestique role to perfection and I suspect he will do that on the road at some point. He has also hit the wall before when well placed in GC, can he really hold it for three weeks?

For the first time ever, I am genuinely torn on who I want to win - Froome to hold all three GTs and become a five time winner, or Thomas because he seems an outstanding bloke (not that froome isn't) and it may well be his only chance of a TdF.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0