View Single Post
      04-19-2021, 10:43 PM   #51
_das_bae_
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Coupe

Headlight Build Photos

Last year in October I made some renders of upgrading the lights and wanted to try something different. Pairing the Euro LCI Blackline tails with a modified set of angel eyes. This isn't my first retrofit, but its the first in which I didn't do a blackout...meaning you have to be super careful working with the chrome otherwise it will scuff/flake off the plastics. I felt that with the car being a darker color, I wanted some contrast against the paint rather than the blacked out look. Ultimately I was able to keep the etched BMW on the eyebrows in chrome while also painting the lower half of the brow to give the headlights a little more dimension/flare. I also modified the projector shield to have a sharper cutoff and painted it black so it matches the inner dummy projector. To complete the "chrome-out" look, I swapped out the turn signal bulb with an all silver casing amber led one to eliminate the egg-yolk look in photos.

As promised here are some pictures that show just how involving the whole process is.

The low beam output with the bulb and lens swap

Before and After

Appreciate 1
Sigge155.50