Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo08816 View Post
I don't think you watched the video that F32Fleet posted.

Transcription: "If it turns out that the aftermarket or recycled part was itself defective or wasn't installed correctly and it causes damage to another part that's covered under the warranty the manufacturer a dealer has the right to deny coverage for that part and charge you for the repairs."

This is precisely the point we were making and the video seems to support that.
At least I watched from the beginning. Starting @ 1:50:

"Let's suppose you buy a Ford Mustang and you decide put a turbocharger on it. It didn't come with a turbocharger and you boost the heck out of it. And the engine explodes and it's obviously caused by all that boost. They could say that aftermarket part you put on the car caused the damage clearly. What they're getting at is not that it wasn't a Ford turbocharger, it's that it's a turbocharger not appropriate for that car.

On the other hand, if you take your car to a place to get the oil changed and they didn't use a Ford oil filter, as long as they used an oil filter that's appropriate, that won't void your warranty."

So all he's doing is supporting the OP's case. Which is still messed up, because they can't prove that the intake caused the engine failure.
I thought the dealer was blaming the gauze filter which came with the intake. :

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0