Car Hypochondriac
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport Estoril Blue

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by innovaciones View Post
I own the Kremersino option 5 and let me tell you that box works pretty good, the customer support is great, they sent me the last firmware update and now everything works even better, also this box supports both wired and wireless CarPlay connection but you will need to toggle between them in the settings.

The external mic is not that great but it doesn't matter because you can still use your iDrive bluetooth with the stock mic to make calls using CarPlay interface, the external mic is only needed for Siri so is fine.

The box supports USB sticks with any kind of media files like videos and you can change the video aspect ratio to fill the entire screen so that is nice if you have an 8.8 or 10.25 screen.

This box also supports Android Auto, for some reason most BMW owners use an iPhone so Android is not that popular but if you are one of these then Android Auto is available, I have an Android to test it and it works great but it will only works wired using and USB cable so no wireless support like CarPlay.

Another great touch is that you can change the boot screen with the BMW logo and the CarPlay icon is the BMW logo so it feels more stock.

And finally the connection is done automatically, all you have to do is open your car and when your ready to drive just press the 8 button or hold the iDrive menu button for 2 seconds and CarPlay is shown in your screen, the connection process is done in the background, I love that it just works!
So I've never really looked into these solutions, but this seems like the one I want. Can you all clear up some stuff for me?

This works as an add-on to idrive right? All original idrive functionality is retained? e.g. I can play music over factory bluetooth and have android auto or carplay up on screen?
The rear view cam and overhead view is still the factory button/interface?
Appreciate 0