Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafkaesque328 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCZ4 View Post
I went with the JB+ because of the ease of installation/removal if I ever need to take it in for servicing. I would simply remove it if I ever needed to bring it in for warranty work. The main reason I chose not to go with a JB4 (well that and I don't plan to mod it beyond the MPE, and maybe an intake). Not planning to do a DP or anything like that. Honestly at $200, and as conservative as a "tune" it is, I wouldn't worry on a leased car. It's one simple plug. If you can plug in a socket into the wall, you can install a JB+. Haven't had a need to take in my car for any service yet, so can't say I've had good or bad experience on that front.
When I bring the car in for regular service, I leave it on. Otherwise, you can remove it in like 3 minutes and reinstall in the same amount of time. Reliable and significant power bump - pretty drastic form stock. I wasn't interested in DP or anything like that either. I like the OEM feel and quietness with the added power. No detriment to MPG that I can see.

I don't really know what it is but I don't really care about the M cars. I mean, sure, it would be cool, although if I was into M3 money, I would be looking at Porsche, not a BMW. But anyway, I am pretty happy with the 328 and JB+. But I agree with what others said that it is potentially a slippery slope, but it doesn't have to be. And I realize I am blatantly stereotyping here, but it is extremely rare that I see someone in an M3 that is not driving like a complete and total dickhead. Riding everyone's ass, driving aggressively, weaving in and out of traffic, usually some punk ass mid 20's Aremnian guy in an Adidas track suit.. Its just kind of an asshole car. Too bad the asshole's taint the car, but at least around these parts, I don't think you can roll in an M3 without being a complete douchebag. No offense to M3 owners, I am sure there some out there that aren't as I describe and literally witness on a daily basis.

Its kind of like, ofcourse an m3 would be better than a 3 series... It better be for like $35,000 more!
The allure with the m3/4 is that it offers high performance with the practicality you get from a sedan or large coupe. In order to get this from a comparably optioned Porsche (comparing new or similarly used), you'll need to spend much more than you will for an m3. I believe maintenance and repair/running costs are also that much more.

It's funny, but I can't remember ever seeing an m-car around here being driven douchey or aggressively. Actually, what I find interesting is that almost every m car I've seen around here seemed to be driving very conservatively. In fact, the same can be said for most high end performance cars I see in this area. Instead, most asshole drivers I see around here are typically in a garden variety cross-over or suv. I've also seen some mustangs and Dodge Challengers driving like asshats, drag racing on busy public roads, honking for other motorists to move out of the way etc. Anyway, that's just what I've witnessed here in the northeast.
Appreciate 0