Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M235i
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
That's really too bad. I think a baby 6GC would have demolished this segment. And an M version of a 4-door 4GC? Forget about it.

Personally, I am so relieved to hear they are using the standard wheelbase. An extended wheelbase would have put this car in f10 territory, dimension wise. No thanks.
Not really. The F10 is over 10" longer than the F30. The F30 extended wheel base only adds 3 or 4 inches I believe, not 10.

If you look at the 5 series vs 6GC, the 6GC works so well because, like SCOTT26 said, there is extra almost 4" in length to make the coupe roof line work and not end abruptly like the Audi A7.

Personally, 3 or 4 inches longer than the F30 would make it the perfect size for me. The 5 series has gotten too big and 6 GC is gorgeous but just way too big for my needs. My F30 sometimes feels just a little too "juvenile" for me, in my late 30's. So a couple more inches (preferably translating to some extra room INSIDE, which it would), would be welcome in a 4GC. That and it would probably play better visually.
Appreciate 0