View Single Post
      02-12-2014, 12:12 AM   #48
joewalton
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i Gran Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewM3driver View Post
I have owned more new BMW's than I can count on TWO hands, including a 328 sport, a 328 vert, a 330 coupe, 528 sport, a 540 sport stick, a 530 sport stick (by far the best car I owned) a 545 sport stick, a 550 sport stick, an '08 M3 stick, two X5's.. the first one and a '12 M-sport, and a '13 335 m-sport vert
ALL of these cars were purchased NEW, and ALL of them have been heavily optioned with all of the attributes that I felt made each car special. My current X5 has the best stereo, all the handling packages, comfort seats, Nappa leather, nappa leather dash..... everything.

BMW not only has lost its way, but it has begun to build cars for Mercedes and Lexis customers to gain sales... and it is working. BMW's lease very well because they residualize very well... making them affordable. So they have found they can sell basic cars to the masses, and charge those that want and can afford a nicely optioned car an additional 20K for things that should be standard. Regular black paint an "individual" color? Really? they are insulting your intelligence. Further, count the 5 series I've owned. The current car is such a departure I would not ever consider it.

The new M3 options out as a very expensive 3 series. I won't go buy a Ford (although the new Mustang looks really nice), but I will definitely consider a Porsche.
Three things:

You have owned and driven some of the most niche vehicles in BMW's history yet you condemn the 4 Gran Coupe. BMW has suddenly "lost its way"? How about BMW is merely creating more niche vehicles, just a few that you don't find agreeable.

BMW's are luxury cars and luxury cars cost money. I'm sorry that the sport suspension you used to get at no charge costs money now. It sure looks like you have no problem in affording it. So pay up like you always have and quit your whining.

BMW has just begun building cars to compete with Lexus and Mercedes Benz? LOL. That's rich.
Appreciate 0