Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacklinUSOB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWMTLRWD View Post
Quote: reference to G20 in comparison to watered down (Failed Chasis of F30) <----- Totally not added in by you
"seventh generation of the Roundel's venerable sedan is a dynamic about-face from its watered-down predecessor. It just felt right."

...work started on this car, code-named G20, in 2014, and it's clear from the deep-rooted tweaking that his team was well aware that the previous 3-series had lost too much of its road-taming allure. Van As says the overwhelming priority was to improve the 3's dynamics without sacrificing ride comfort.

Ref: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...t-sedan-driven

Pretty good review of what is coming and BMW own acknowledgment of what was lost in the f30 chassis.

The F30 tried to hard to please using trickery suspension. They are going back to tuning a truly balanced chassis and suspension.

driving the e90 has been a joy, something I can't say with the F30.
No complaints, only through experience I look forward to the new G20.

The F30 has its place but market share loss to its competitors is a reality and such is why they are working to Return to chassis kinematics..
You're about 7 years too late with your comparisons.

The E90 is an E46 put on a strict diet of butter sticks and pasta.

There will be troves complaining about the G20 as well, it's just the cool thing to do.
G20 bashing has already begun. It won't have a stick shift option, it's too big, don't like the way it looks, not different enough from the f30, blah, blah, blah. All this and it hasn't even been released yet. The f30 was a great overall car if optioned to one's liking, and I'm sure the g20 will be even better, as each subsequent generation should be.
Appreciate 0