View Single Post
      12-24-2017, 12:57 AM   #1
arok99
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: White 435i Grand Coupe

My little adventure of my 435i GC

I wanted to share how I went about obtaining my now pride and joy.

It starts like this, my wife wanted me to get rid of my Ridgeline along with my Yamaha R1 both of which I loved. The Ridgeline was for camping, hauling material and my R1 to the track. So in order for the wife to convince me she said "why not get a BMW?, it's nice it's fast and you'll look great driving one."

After long thought, and researching BMW's I figured ok lets do it. So off to the dealership we went, test drove a couple of 3 series (328i, 335i) they felt kind of small. Test Drove the 5 series (535i) and it made me feel like a Grandpa in bigger slightly slower car.

Then there was this Black 428i GC in the parking lot, looking at the car it's one handsome looking car. With a wider body and nice stance, I fell in love with the look. I test drove it and yeah I knew this is the Series I wanted but it wasn't the right color nor did it have the features I was looking for.

Since I was going to spend $$$ in buying one it needed be White with the awesome Coral Red Interior, it needed to have the M-Package, Adaptive M Suspension and it needed to be a 435i (xDrive would of been nice but that would of been icing on the cake). I thought it shouldn't be hard to find... Boy was I wrong..

I didn't want to spend months waiting to get one built but as it turned out it took me nearly 2 months trying to find one. I searched within 300 miles in Northern California, couldn't find one. Asked several dealerships to be on a look out for that one, none called me back. I went down to San Diego and searched down and found two of what I was looking for but they were missing the Adaptive M Suspension.

Finally I had to settle... I was in Vegas for a conference when I got a call, "Hi this is so and so from Stevens Creek BMW, we have a Car that came in, it a 435i Sport Line and has everything on your list with exception to the M-Package and it's a Certified pre owned with 16k on it." I said I would take it! Flew down the next day signed the paper work and drove it 2 hours home.
(It included, Heads up Display, Comfort Access, Birds Eye View)

Finally in my garage, I started planning how I would convert this car into what I wanted.

I started with buying the M Sport Aerodynamic Kit from getbmwparts, called a few shops and finally found a shop with the right price and are known for their quality of work.

I'm not going to go into Detail of the other parts, but here are my parts list:
M Sport Aerodynamic Kit
Black double slat kidney grills
M Performance Front lip Replica
M Performance Rear Diffuser Replica
Anthracite Interior Trim Kit
VRSF Intercooler
VRSF Charge Pipe
OEM 437m Michelin PSS 235/40/19, 265/35/19
Dinan Springs, Ride Quality and Handling Kit
Illuminated LCI AC/radio trim retrofit
Learned how to code my car so have done several modifications to it.

Future mods:
MPPK
Exhaust (Don't know which yet)

Sorry for the long post, below are pictures of the progress so far.

Before M Sport Aerodynamic Kit

Transition to M Sport Aerodynamic Kit

After M Sport Aerodynamic Kit

Before Dinan Springs

After Dinan Springs

After 437m install

Last edited by arok99; 02-08-2018 at 03:57 PM..
Appreciate 2
zamboni1130.50
ELiTeNeSs196.50